Our client is currently looking for a legal expertise to support their business operation providing professional legal advisory.
The incumbent will be reporting to General Counsel directly.
- Provide legal advisory to all internal departments on projects, business strategies and development plan of the company.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including full range of commercial and legal documents.
- Provide support to the General Counsel with communication to regulators.
- Analyze, advice and support to all internal departments of changes in existing legislation, regulations, guidelines and operations and work with compliance to apply mechanisms to monitor on-going compliance.
- Review and update existing internal policies and procedures, manuals and guidelines in view of the changing legal environment to the extent that the businesses and operation of the Company are concerned.
- Liaise and monitor quality of legal services provided by external lawyers.
- Qualified Hong Kong solicitor with 3 – 5 years post qualification experience in and from life insurance companies is highly preferred.
- Familiar with Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Exposure to investment trusts as well as related corporate and securities experience is an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Strong analytical and legal research skills.